Monday, 31 July 2017

The Month That Was July 2017

July has been a busy old month round these parts. So much has been going on I almost don't know where to start!

We've been counting down to July for what feels like ages now, because the little fella was signed up for a couple of events to raise funds for the two hospital units that saved his life. You can read about those here and here. We have now raised over £800, which is more than £400 for each of the two amazing charities and we are so pleased and proud, and thankful to everyone who has supported us. It means the world to us to be able to give something back.


We had a wedding to attend - a rare occurance these days, as pretty much all our friends are now married. I do love a good wedding! I failed miserably at taking any photos, but we did have a lovely time.

My mum was away in Wales last week, so the husband and I took the week off together to have ourselves a little staycation with the boy. We had a couple of days out, including to the beach and to a castle, and it was so nice to spend a good amount of time together as a family, having fun. We also went to the village library, and the small boy and I joined - I'm quite excited at the prospect of taking him regularly (it's only 5 mins from our house) and encouraging his love of books.


Somewhat less fun was a visit to see my father in law in his care home. It will probably be the last time I, and the small boy, see him - he is very very ill now and doesn't have long left. It makes me so sad that our son will grow up knowing neither of his grandads. But that's life, I guess. We will make sure he knows all about who they were and how much they would have loved him.

Also, in the back of my mind for the last couple of weeks (and by that, I mean it's been on my mind constantly, playing over and over - especially at 3am when there are no distractions) has been work related issues that I think I need to tackle. And by tackle, I mean find a way out. I love the industry I work in, but it becoming clearer and clearer every day that the team I am in and the line manager I have are just not for me. I am not listened to, I am not respected, and I have just about had enough. So, please keep your fingers crossed that I find something else soon before I flip my lid!!



 photo 5b781646-78a7-4470-93c6-49aaf696000e_zpsc88ee6b7.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad you're here, don't forget to say hi! I respond to comments by email, so please make sure you check the "share my email address" box in your Blogger profile. Thanks! :)