Friday, 20 January 2017

This Week's Victories 2017 #3

This week has actually been really difficult. I had a few nights of PTSD flashbacks which prevented me from sleeping and made me feel completely horrible - we're talking 24 hours straight of being awake on one occasion with just 2 hours sleep afterwards. But still, it hasn't been all bad...


- There's a third animal noise! He's learning one a week which is pretty good going in my opinion. The latest is a dog says "woof woof".
- We have booked a cheeky little weekend break for March - the 10th anniversary of our first date. It's really close to home (about 30 mins away, that's all!) but it's the change of scenery that's important.
- I had my second counselling session. I cried, but I do feel like talking is definitely helping.
- Samson had a review yesterday with the team who look after his oesophagus. They're so pleased with how he's doing that his check ups will now be 12-monthly.
- I also spoke to his dietician yesterday, who is really happy with how his weight is going and plans to see him in clinic in May and then probably discharge him!!

What were your successes this week?

 photo 5b781646-78a7-4470-93c6-49aaf696000e_zpsc88ee6b7.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad you're here, don't forget to say hi! I respond to comments by email, so please make sure you check the "share my email address" box in your Blogger profile. Thanks! :)