Friday, 10 April 2015

Dear Baby - 28 Weeks





Dear Baby,

Can you believe we're into the third trimester already?! I know I can't. Time is running away so fast, you'll be here before we know it. Please don't hurry though, stay there and cook a little longer!

You're the size of an aubergine now, and you're still growing perfectly. At our growth scan last week you were an estimated 2lb 5oz. You made us laugh when you decided to put your foot up on the 'roof'!

We've had a busy couple of weeks with lots of exciting developments where you're concerned. Over Easter we had my best friend and her littlest staying with us, as we'd finally got around to transferring all the baby stuff she's been saving for us from her house to ours. We now have a cotbed, pram, car seat, two sterilisers, lots of bottles, a baby bath, highchair, three big bags of clothes, two bags of toys, and probably a whole host of other things that I can't remember right now. Little S was very funny - he's 17 months now and a real little character. One evening he climbed up on to the sofa and wanted to sit on me, only he seemed to think that my bump was a cushion! You didn't seem to mind though.

Over the last couple of weeks, I've noticed you having hiccups quite often. I've got to say, it's a weird sensation! The first time it happened, I rang Daddy to tell him and he thought I was joking. I had to send him a link to a website to prove that baby hiccups in the uterus do really happen!

We've got a quiet couple of weeks ahead; the only appointment we've got with a health care professional is when the Health Visitor comes to meet us at home in just over a week's time. Soon after that, though, I'll have appointments coming out of my ears!

Oh, before I forget, I should probably mention Daddy's overwhelming joy last weekend when Sunderland won the derby game against Newcastle - that's the 5th victory in a row in the derby ties for Sunderland. You should probably know that you are going to be raised to be a SAFC fan, we've already bought you a few bits and pieces so it will be instilled in you from birth. Daddy would be the first to apologise when things aren't going particularly well, but that's just the way it is, little one. Apparently it's the dad's right to pass on their team to their child, so I don't get a look in.
Love,

Mummy xx


 photo 5b781646-78a7-4470-93c6-49aaf696000e_zpsc88ee6b7.png

2 comments:

  1. Very sweet. I love this "...only he seemed to think that my bump was a cushion! You didn't seem to mind though." :)

    Mandie ~ http://badbrewpack.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful that things are finally going well in your pregnancy, Jenni. And awesome how your little one is growing. Violet had hiccups a lot, it was so, so funny. I once let one of my colleagues feel my tummy when Calvin had hiccups, and she thought it was the neatest thing. There's nothing wrong about passing one's team on to the baby, I got to bring my cousin baby ice hockey gear to get his little guy set early :-) Enjoy every second now, Jenni! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you're here, don't forget to say hi! I respond to comments by email, so please make sure you check the "share my email address" box in your Blogger profile. Thanks! :)