Wednesday, 25 March 2015

Cancer Sucks

I know, I vanished again. The truth is, we've had a rotten few weeks and I've been an emotional mess. I'd like to blame it on the hormones, but that wouldn't be honest.

Three weeks ago, we found out that someone very dear to us - particularly to Boy - had made the difficult decision to stop his cancer treatment. The cancer had spread so rapidly in the month prior that there wasn't much more could be done.

A couple of days after that, this lovely man was given just 2 weeks to live. Sadly, he passed away less than 2 days later. He was peaceful, at home with his family, but that doesn't make the news any less sad or his loss any less painful.

In only 5 months from diagnosis, cancer took a happy, healthy, newly retired 61 year old and made him fade away and lose his battle. We're so glad that we managed to see him one final time just 36 hours before he passed, and we will forever treasure the special memories we hold of him. He may not have been a blood relative, but he was very much family and we will always think of him in those terms.

RIP Mr Jones, we miss you terribly x

4 comments:

  1. I am so very sorry for your loss :( We lost my 63yo father in law less than a month after finding out he had cancer. I hate cancer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm glad that you & Boy got to see him one last time. Cancer is a horrible, terrible bitch! Hugs to you & yours.

    Mandie ~ http://badbrewpack.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so, so sorry for your loss, Jenni!! I have to admit, I was worried about you, not hearing a word. We once witnessed a similar journey, while I was pregnant with Lily. They got the diagnosis just before Thanksgiving in late November and he passed the Monday after Easter Sunday. Seeing a strong dad of 3 in his early fourties waste away like that in no way was definitely traumatic, and we will never forget him. Hugs to you, and much strength in this difficult time. Don't forget that you always have each other and this precious baby growing inside you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cancer does suck. There are so few people I know who have not been touched by it. For myself, my Mom had it, my Auntie still battles it and my Nan died of it. I am so sorry for you and pass my love onto your boy xxx

    ReplyDelete

So glad you're here, don't forget to say hi! I respond to comments by email, so please make sure you check the "share my email address" box in your Blogger profile. Thanks! :)