I did that thing again where I just disappeared without explanation, didn't I? Things have been a bit crazy around these parts, that's all I can say really. We were at a wedding on Friday, and a colleague of mine is on holiday, so I had 2 persons-worth of work to fit into a 4-day week last week. Manic. I had intended to sit down and do some catching up over the weekend, but instead ended up wandering around a castle on the coast - as you do. But I'm here now and I'm ready to get back on the Blogtober train, today with my pet peeves!
- incorrect use of "and I"
- incorrect use of apostrophes
- there/their/they're, where/we're/wear, your/you're, loose/lose... you get the idea
- people who stand chatting in shop doorways
- queue jumpers
- "Train station". This is England, it is known as a "railway station".
- the way so many restaurants spoil what would otherwise be a lovely chicken dish with mushrooms
- always needing to sneeze right after applying mascara
- overuse of the word "like". For example, "I was, like, getting ready to, like, go shopping and, like, my phone rang, so I, like, answered it, and it was my mum, like..."
What are your pet peeves?