Saturday, 25 October 2014

National Fertility Awareness Week

Next week is National Fertility Awareness Week here in the UK. To mark this, I will have a series of posts about my own experiences of infertility. I would love for you to stop by!

I am so glad that an awareness week exists, because infertility is something that touches so many people and yet is still so misunderstood by the world in general. The latest figures on the HFEA website tells us that one in 7 couples have problems conceiving - so even if you don't know for sure that you know someone who falls into this category, the chances are that you do.

I don't think anybody would wish infertility on anyone, and it's the sort of thing that you can't truly understand unless you've experienced it for yourself, but I do think that people in general do need to be a little more educated about the subject. It's such a lonely place, and if friends and family of those going through this difficult time could realise the best ways to be supportive, and the reality of what is going on, then it would make getting through each day that little bit easier.

 photo 5b781646-78a7-4470-93c6-49aaf696000e_zpsc88ee6b7.png

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad that there is an awareness week, which most likely offer tons of information. But I hope much more that soon, you're going to be among the people beating infertility and finally get to hold the baby you wished for for so long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you to offer your experiences up so that others can find information or understanding x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for pointing this out... There are so many people in my life who I will be treating with extra special care this week. So sad that infertility is such a common problem. :-(

    ReplyDelete

So glad you're here, don't forget to say hi! I respond to comments by email, so please make sure you check the "share my email address" box in your Blogger profile. Thanks! :)