Friday, 10 October 2014

A Little Bit Of Blog Love

A little while ago, one of my very favourite bloggers - Jamie at The Growing Up Diaries - nominated me for a Liebster Award. This is my first one since starting this blog, so I am absolutely tickled pink and super happy - thanks Jamie!

How It Works: 
I post 11 facts about myself
I answer 11 questions asked by Jamie
I nominate 11 bloggers that I love
I list 11 questions for them to answer

11 random facts you didn't know you didn't know:
1. My favourite kind of Haribo sweets are the milkshake ones.
2. I became an aunty when I was just 7 years old.
3. I have tried every flavour of Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Jelly Beans. For me, the vomit one was the worst.
4. I am obsessed with New York City. Obsessed. My living room is like a shrine to the place. I can't wait to be there for New Year!

5. I so totally rock at music quizzes. Boy tries to make out that I cheat, but the truth is I'm just better than him and he can't take it.
6. I used to be terrified of rollercoasters. I didn't go on one until I was about 14. Now I love them, and going to theme parks is one of my favourite kinds of day out!

7. I used to be a nursery nurse. I am fully qualified to look after children up to the age of 8 years old.
8. I wish I could dance - like, really dance. I took salsa classes for a while, but I would love to learn properly and be (hopefully) good at it.
9. I've never broken a bone. I've been close a couple of times, but by some miracle managed to escape any actual breaks.
10. The first time I ever left the UK was the day before my 21st birthday. I went to Corfu with my boyfriend at the time.
11. I was born on a Monday. So apparently I should be fair of face. I'm not so sure that worked out the way it was supposed to!

Jamie's Questions:
1. What is your favourite season and why?
I love summer. I'm always happier when the sun is shining, the sky is blue, and I can walk around without sleeves.

2. What inspires you the most in your daily life?
This has got to be one of the most difficult questions in the world! I really don't know how to answer it. I guess people, places, things I see and do - I don't know!

3. If you were stranded on an island, what three things would you want to have with you?
Can one of them be a person? I'd want Boy there. We keep each other amused with the silliest of things, so he'd be good for keeping boredom at bay. I'd also want some kind of music source, and a good book.

4. Who is your hero?
I don't really have one. Is that bad? There are plenty of people that I admire, but there's no one person I could single out and say they're my hero.

5. Are you a coffee person, a tea person, both or neither?
Definitely coffee. I really don't like tea - totally against the British stereotype!

6. What is your favourite thing to cook/bake?
I don't particularly enjoy cooking, and I very rarely bake. I blame my kitchen! I swear, if I had a huge kitchen with loads of counter space and a great big island in the middle, I'd spend many happy hours in there! But alas, I do not. So... I'm going to say my favourite thing to cook is orange and balsamic chicken, because it tastes absolutely amazing - but I very rarely cook it!

7. Best advice you've ever been given?
Things will be OK in the end. If they're not OK, it's not the end.

8. What is your favourite sport? Who is your favourite team in that sport?
I'm British, so it's a foregone conclusion for most people that football is a big sport in my life. I was born and raised as a Manchester United fan, my dad supported them since he was a kid and he raised me to be a red devil too. But, as I'm also a northerner, rugby league is a favourite too and I support my hometown team.

9. You just won the lottery! What's the first thing you use the money for?
Travel! If I won big, I'd be booking my dream trip travelling North America.

10. What's your favourite way to relax?
My absolute, all time favourite way has got to be sitting beside a pool, with the sun blazing down and a gentle breeze, immersed in a good book. I think I really need to book a lazy, sunshine holiday!

11. Tell me something about yourself that people might find weird.
Until I was about 14, I didn't like pizza. I know for sure Jamie will find that weird!


11 Bloggers I love:
1. Holly @ Full of Beans and Sausages
2. Stephanie @ Life, Unexpectedly
3. Kerry @ XO Kerry
4. Mandie @ badbrewpack
5. Yvette @ Big Trouble in Little Nappies
6. Ashley @ Life on the Parsons Farm
7. Jess @ The Odell Yodel
8. Sarah @ Life as Always
9. Cheriese @ She May Be The Song That Summer Sings
10. Becky @ Rebeckann's Random Thoughts
11. Olya @ The Siberian American

My 11 Questions:
1. Who is your favourite Disney character, and why?
2. What is one thing you wish you were better at?
3. What was your favourite TV show when you were a child?
4. Who was your first celebrity crush? How old were you?
5. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you be?
6. Have you ever won a competition of any kind?
7. What is your favourite snack?
8. Share a favourite photo or yourself. What's the story behind it?
9. Who is your favourite music artist?
10. What makes you feel most alive?
11. Do you have any pets? If not, do you want any?

Once again, huge thanks to Jamie for nominating me - and sorry I've taken so long to post!

 photo 5b781646-78a7-4470-93c6-49aaf696000e_zpsc88ee6b7.png

7 comments:

  1. Oh thank you for the nomination! I'll be sure to do this soon!! Yay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Jenni! I'm going to do this soon! I have never tried the Haribo milkshake gummies, but I really want to now! New York for New Year's will be so much fun! I'm so excited for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the nomination! You made me feel super special & I plan on taking this & running with it! Thanks again, you lovely lady! :)

    Mandie ~ http://badbrewpack.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the advice at no. 7. Definitely something to live by! Thank you so, so much for nominating me, Jenni!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for nominating me! I'll be sure to get my post up next week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the nomination Jenni! I have also tried vomit flavour BB, unfortunately. Although I don't think their popcorn one tastes much better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, thank you so much for the nomination! I won't tell Stewart that you're a Man U fan, because he'd probably make me discontinue our friendship, as he roots for Liverpool. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

So glad you're here, don't forget to say hi! I respond to comments by email, so please make sure you check the "share my email address" box in your Blogger profile. Thanks! :)