Monday, 8 September 2014

While The World Celebrates A New Cambridge Baby...

This morning it has been announced that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are expecting their second child. There’s no doubt this is lovely news for them, for the royal family, and for the country… But I can’t help feeling really sad about it.

We got married before they did. We’re still waiting to be blessed with our first child, and now they’re onto their second. I know the world doesn’t work this way, but it feels really unfair that some couples get to “queue-jump” while others have to wait, and wait, and wait a bit more. It hurts to think that, had things gone to plan for us, we could be onto our second child by now.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy for them, and I really hope that Kate doesn’t suffer quite so terribly from hyperemesis gravidarum this time around because it sounds truly awful - reports say she's being treated for it at the moment. I'm just really sad at the reality that couples who have been trying to conceive a lot less time than we have are now moving onto second children.

 photo 5b781646-78a7-4470-93c6-49aaf696000e_zpsc88ee6b7.png
Click here to see who I'm linking up with!

5 comments:

  1. omg!! I had no idea! you totally broke the news to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you worry - all in due time (which I know sucks to hear) but there is always a plan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I any help but agree more!! For some reason I get so hurt when couples are expecting their second or third when I'm still waiting for my first successful pregnancy. Not to mention when these couples got married after me as well!!!!

    I've done some major soul searching and learned about secondary infertility (which seems even worse!) and am really working in getting rid of that damn green monster!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are right :( life can be so unfair to some and so good to others. There is no rhyme nor reason to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely feels unfair and everything you feel is just, lovely. So hope it is your time really soon x

    ReplyDelete

So glad you're here, don't forget to say hi! I respond to comments by email, so please make sure you check the "share my email address" box in your Blogger profile. Thanks! :)