Tuesday, 9 September 2014

The Harry Potter Tag

I saw this on Saloca in Wonderland, and I just had to do it!


What’s your favourite book?

Probably The Deathly Hallows. I went through a harrowing time to get my hands on a copy the day it was released (I kid you not), and I devoured it once I finally did.

What’s your favourite film?

Wow, this is hard. I could say The Chamber of Secrets, because I adore Dobby and I love watching the scenes filmed in my local cathedral. I could say The Deathly Hallows part 1, because there's a scene filmed in a place close to my hometown. I could say The Goblet of Fire, because that always seemed to be a very pivotal time in the series to me. Basically, I could say each and every one of them for various reasons and it's just too hard to pick!

Least favourite book?

I'm going to say The Order of the Phoenix, because the first time I read it I was disappointed. I'd never felt disappointed by the series up to then. I have to say, though, I've read it a couple (or more) time since and I enjoyed it so much more.

Least favourite film?

Prisoner of Azkaban. Not sure I can justify it though! I don't dislike it, I just like it the least.

Parts of the books/films that made you cry?

I cried my eyes out when Dobby died in the final book. And when Dumbledore died before that. Dumbledore's death in the movie didn't seem quite as emotional, but Dobby's... Oh I sobbed. I cried after the final battle too when Fred,Lupin and Tonks died and Teddy was an orphan.

If you could hook up with any character, who would it be?

You know, I never looked at them that way!

Favourite character?

I always liked Molly, she's such a lovely mum but so fierce when she has to be. "Not my daughter you bitch!" - love that line!

Least favourite character?

Lavender Brown irritates me. I realise that she's probably supposed to!

Least favourite line?

I can't think of one off the top of my head. I'll have to think about it!

What would your patronus be?

Hmm... Maybe a lion? I have some very typical Leo traits.

If you could have the Resurrection Stone, Invisibility Cloak or Elder Wand, which would it be and why?

Invisibility cloak, no question. I'd love to be able to sneak around, completely unseen!

Which house would you be in?

Pottermore put me in Hufflepuff, and other quizzes put me in Ravenclaw, so... One of those I guess! I have a T-shirt for each, so I'm covered!
 
If you could meet any member of the cast, who would it be?

Matthew Lewis. He's from my neck of the woods, and we even have some friends/acquaintances in common, so it would be fun to chat about people we both know.

If you were on the Quidditch team, which position would you play?

I'd probably be a beater.

Happy with the ending?

Yes. I know some people aren't, but I'm happy that good triumphed over evil and that Harry was able to go on and have a future.

How much does Harry Potter mean to you?

I just can't imagine life without it. I don't want to. It's a magical world, and it brings people from all over the world together. I am eternally grateful to the friend who loaned me the first three books one Saturday at work, and brought the fourth one in the following week because I'd devoured those three in just days.

Don't forget to let me know in the comments below if you fill this in too - I'd love to read your answers!

 photo 5b781646-78a7-4470-93c6-49aaf696000e_zpsc88ee6b7.png
Click here to see who I'm linking up with!

4 comments:

  1. This is so fun! If I recall correctly, at the beginning of Order of the Phoenix, Harry is all teenage angry/angsty and is being mean to all his friends. I think I was annoyed with his character for a big chunk of the book. But then when he forms his underground club and starts teaching people defense magic (same book, right?) it gets better and I was on his side again.

    It's been a while since I read this all! Not since all the books have been out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I am one of the only people in the modern world who hasn't read these books. Someday... it's on my bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, POA is my favourite movie and book!
    And I would definitely love to have to Invisibility Cloak too!!
    Cute post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe I enjoyed this a lot Jen! And yes, yes to an invisibility cloak!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you're here, don't forget to say hi! I respond to comments by email, so please make sure you check the "share my email address" box in your Blogger profile. Thanks! :)