Tuesday, 16 September 2014

Literary Junkies - September 2014

It's a couple of months since I last took part in the Literary Junkies link-up, but I'm excited to be back today!

Pink Heels Pink Truck

1. What are you reading right now? Tell us about it.
Right now I'm in between books, but most recently I read If I Stay and Where She Went by Gayle Forman.

2. There are a ton of movies coming out soon that were based off of books. Are there any you’re particularly excited to see?
I very recently read Gone Girl, and I'm looking forward to seeing how they adapt that for the big screen. I'm also looking forward to Love Rosie; I read Where Rainbows End by Cecelia Ahern many years ago and loved it, although I can't really remember much about the storyline now. I'm just a bit annoyed that the movie has the American book title; STOP MESSING WITH OUR PERFECTLY GOOD TITLES!!!

3. With fall finally here for some of us, are there any books that you’re particularly looking forward to reading in the season of big sweaters, blankets and hot chocolate?
There's nothing in particular that I can think of. I'm not even sure what I want to start reading next!

4. We only have 3.5 months left of 2014. Did you participate in any reading challenges? How are you doing?
My goal was to read 40 books this year, and to be honest I'm not sure I'm going to meet that - I'm not even half way! This must be my worst reading year for some time. I've totally lost my mojo a couple of times, sometimes for over a month.

5. What has been the best book you’ve read so far this year?
I had to check Goodreads to help me with this! There are 3 books by Taylor Dean that stood out and I gave 5 stars to - I Have People, I'm With You and Sierra. I also really loved Where She Went.

 photo 5b781646-78a7-4470-93c6-49aaf696000e_zpsc88ee6b7.png
Click here to see who I'm linking up with!

2 comments:

  1. I have totally missed being a book nerd! But now that I'm back at work I've been reading again on my commute and it's so nice to read something mindless and fun, instead of books about how to care for an infant. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still so behind my goodreads challenge! I am going to have to do some major catch up work!!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you're here, don't forget to say hi! I respond to comments by email, so please make sure you check the "share my email address" box in your Blogger profile. Thanks! :)