Monday, 21 July 2014

The Reading Habits Tag

I managed to fit in some catching up on blog reading yesterday, and I was instantly drawn to this post by Cheriese. We all know I love books and reading, so how could I resist doing this myself?

1. Do you have a certain place for reading at home?
Not really, if I'm reading at home it's usually on the sofa or in bed.

2. Bookmark or random piece of paper?
Quite often I find myself using an old train ticket as a bookmark - usually I read on the train, and I have a ton of old tickets lurking so that's the easiest thing! I have collected 'proper' leather bookmarks since I was 5 years old, and although they're hard to come by now I own hundreds and hundreds of them - but they're kind of sacred to me and I'd hate to damage one by using it in a book. Am I crazy? Yes, yes I am.

3. Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter or a certain number of pages?
I really hate when I have to stop mid-chapter, but unfortunately sometimes on the commute there's just no avoiding it.

4. Do you eat or drink when reading?
Sometimes on the train I'll have a coffee - but I'm always careful to avoid spillages!

5. Do you watch TV or listen to music whilst reading?
If I'm reading at home, the TV might be on if Boy's watching it while I read. I get so engrossed in my books though that I pay zero attention to it. On the train, I might put some music on if I'm surrounded by noisy people who make it hard to concentrate on reading.

6. One book at a time or several at once?
Usually I'm a one-at-a-time kinda girl, but at the moment I've got 3 on the go.

7. Reading at home or everywhere?
I don't read at home all that much, I usually do it on the train to and from work.

8. Reading out loud or silently in your head?
In my head, duh! Who reads out loud? And how annoying would that be for other people?!

9. Do you ever read ahead or skip pages?
Who, me? No, I certainly never, ever, look to see how the book ends. Oh alright, sometimes I do - sometimes I just need to know whether the characters I love (Harry Potter, maybe...) make it to the end. Although at the moment I mostly read on my Kindle app on my phone so I don't have the temptation to do it quite so much.

10. Breaking the spine or keeping it new?
I'm sorry, what? Breaking the spine?! Uh, no!

11. Do you write in your books?
No way, nothing must be done to damage my books in any way. Ever. And if you do something to one of my books just once, you will not be entrusted with them any more.

12. What are you currently reading?
Allegiant is still sitting there, waiting for me to pick it back up, and I'm also reading Julia Gets a Life by Lynne Barrett-Lee and I Am The Secret Footballer. If you want to keep up with what I'm reading, you can add me on Goodreads.

I tag all of you! Don't forget to let me know if you participate so I can come and read your answers!

 photo 5b781646-78a7-4470-93c6-49aaf696000e_zpsc88ee6b7.png

4 comments:

  1. YAY!!
    I totally get the bookmark thing, definitely not crazy!
    WOAH, You read the end of HP!?! Ahhhh!!
    I am keen to read I Am The Secret Footballer!
    Great asnwers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was also appalled that breaking the spine was something people do on purpose. Why?! I have some used books that I bought in pretty delicate condition and every so often I add another lay of tape to the spine or covers to make sure they don't fall apart on me.

    I have a bunch of books going, too. Mostly because a couple are boring and when I find a new, exciting one, they all get dropped. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, you had to know that I was gonna steal this one from you too! Ha, ha!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you're here, don't forget to say hi! I respond to comments by email, so please make sure you check the "share my email address" box in your Blogger profile. Thanks! :)