Tuesday, 1 July 2014

The Month That Was June 2014

June was a pretty busy month, looking back. There's been a whole lotta fun going on – no complaints on that front!

At the beginning of the month, we decided that the time had come to get our own car. Boy had been driving his mother's car on a weekend as she doesn't use it, but it was getting to a stage where that plan just didn't suit us any more – so we now have our own! (I say it's ours even though I can't drive it… I am the official navigator and entertainment operator :) )

The day before the car was delivered, we had another exciting delivery – a Tassimo machine that was an exceptional bargain at 75% off RRP. We did already have a coffee machine, but because it's a barista-style one it's a bit faffy to use and as a result, doesn’t get used all that much. I love the Tassimo, and I've used it every day since it arrived.

The big event this month has obviously been the World Cup. I somehow managed to get myself the job of organising our office sweepstake – but I wasn't complaining as it meant I got to spend an afternoon cutting strips of paper, putting them in envelopes and sealing them rather than doing actual work. Our sweepstake was a blind one, which meant that people paid for an envelope, wrote their name on the envelope of their choice, but none of the envelopes were allowed to be opened until they'd all been sold. We liked doing it this way because it meant that people weren't put off participating after the big teams had gone. I got Italy, which seemed quite good at the start but they ended up not progressing past the group stage. Boooo!

Essential TV this month has been Nashville, Criminal Minds and Penny Dreadful. We haven't had a whole lot of time to watch TV, what with all the football going on, so that's a short list this month!

On the first weekend of June I met another blogger for the first time ever, which was exciting! We went to a concert, and enjoyed an evening of nostalgia over our first boyband love – and the fact that we went together saved both of our other halves having to accompany us, which is a total win-win for everyone! You can read about this on Nicola's blog, because I still haven't gotten my act together and written about it myself. Oops.

My only movie trip this month was also with Nicola, we went to see The Fault in Our Stars. And we both cried a little bit, as did everybody else in the cinema.

Before going to see the movie, I finally got around to reading The Fault in Our Stars. I also read Sierra by Taylor Dean and Peach Blossom Pavillion by Mingmei Yip in June. You can keep up with what I'm reading on Goodreads.

I took my mum to the theatre to see Wicked for her birthday, which was such an amazing show and I'd love to go see it again!

We've taken full advantage of having our own car this month and been on a couple of road trips. On the first weekend after we got it, we set out on a random drive with no pre-planned destination (which also happened to be one of the goals on my 101 in 1001 list) and ended up visiting High Force, and driving around Teesdale, Weardale, and even briefly ended up in Cumbria.
High Force waterfall, Middleton-in-Teesdale

We spent last weekend in Blackpool, which I wrote about yesterday so I won't repeat myself!

June was rounded off by having our follow up appointment at the fertility clinic to discuss our failed IVF cycle and discuss the next steps. We have 3 frozen embryos, and we could have started the frozen cycle immediately had we wanted to, but we decided to wait until after our summer break to Paris. This way, we get to enjoy our summer and not have to be thinking about the time, injections, pills, scan appointments and all the rest of it constantly. So now we can put it all out of our minds for the next 2 months and just enjoy living life!

How was June for you? Are you excited for July?

Linking up with Leigh Kramer

 photo 5b781646-78a7-4470-93c6-49aaf696000e_zpsc88ee6b7.png

3 comments:

  1. Nice wheels lady! And I love your cinema image at the top - very swish! Your month sounds a lot more action packed than mine but I have definitely been enjoying the sunshine and trips outdoors... The World Cup - not so much ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really did have a busy one! Mine was kind of quiet. It was very introspective. I hope July is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic month you had! Awhoo hoo! :)

    ReplyDelete

So glad you're here, don't forget to say hi! I respond to comments by email, so please make sure you check the "share my email address" box in your Blogger profile. Thanks! :)