Sunday, 13 July 2014

Sunday Social

What do you do when your mobile phone throws a wobbler, tells you that you've got no storage, and makes you delete all your big apps? And then it isn't happy with that, and makes you delete a whole bunch of little apps too? I can answer that, having done it for the last week or so. You basically fall off the face of the earth! That's right folks, everything had to go - Bloglovin, Tweetcaster, Instagram, Gmail, Google Docs, Spotify... You get the idea. It's been a tough week without all my favourite things!

Anyway, let's get down to business and get on the Sunday Social train. Today's questions are all about the important people in my life.

Social Sunday

1. Tell us about the family you grew up in, parents, siblings, grandparents.
Growing up, there was just me, my mum and my dad. I do have a half-sister and a half-brother from my dad's first marriage, but they lived with their mum when I was a baby and they're enough older than me that by the time I was starting school they were both living with partners. I don't think I have any pictures of the three of us together, and to be honest I'm not sure if any exist at all. That makes me sad :( We'll never be able to get any now.

2. Tell us about your husband, fiancé, boyfriend, significant other.
My husband is known around these parts as Boy. We've been together for over 7 years, and married for just over 3. He was definitely a case of love appearing in my life when I least wanted it! But, after having had a couple of wrong 'uns followed by the guy who got burned by his ex so the timing was off, I realised pretty quickly that whatever was happening between us was special and would be long lasting. Heck, I moved a couple of hundred miles, away from all my family and friends and everything I'd ever known, to be with him after only 9 months!


3. Tell us about your children. If you don’t have children, talk about your fur children.
No children to talk about, those of you who have been here before will know that our first attempt at IVF failed. We have no fur children either, as we both commute to work and we're out from before 7am until around 6pm. We both desperately want a dog, but it just wouldn't be fair.

4. Tell us about your best friends. How long have you known them? How did you meet?
My BFF is Z, and we've been friends since we were just one year old. I literally can not remember my life without her in it! Next spring we will have known each other for 30 years, how terrifying is that?! We met when my family moved into the house next door to her family, and we were next door neighbours until her family moved when we were about 13/14. We've done everything together - my first time drunk was with her, I played a significant part in her meeting her husband, we've been bridesmaids for each other, and Boy and I are godparents to her absolutely gorgeous children. We may live at opposite ends of the country now (she moved south, I moved north) but we are always 100% there for each other.


5. Tell us about any other special people in your life.
Probably the most special people in my life not already mentioned would be my godchildren. Z and her husband make utterly beautiful babies!


Who are the special people in your life? Link up and tell the world about them!

 photo 5b781646-78a7-4470-93c6-49aaf696000e_zpsc88ee6b7.png

6 comments:

  1. I love the story of your best friend. I think it is hard to hold onto school friends, let alone people who you have known all the way through your life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The throwback photo of you and your friend is so classic! Cherish it!
    xo
    Jamie
    http://snapginger.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about the problems you have had having your first child. It's so hard. My hubby and I lost our first one and it was awful. I hope everything works out for you <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's neat how you moved away to be with your Husband. I did too after a year and a half. Now we live 6 hours from "home". Your God children are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the friendship story! It always amaze me when people can keep their friendship for so long. Visiting from sunday social.

    Danielle xx
    formybabykaelyn.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the story of your BFF, so special!!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you're here, don't forget to say hi! I respond to comments by email, so please make sure you check the "share my email address" box in your Blogger profile. Thanks! :)