Tuesday, 10 June 2014

Things I'm Bad At

Just for fun, here are a few things I am really, really bad at...

Eating well
Don’t get me wrong, I don’t eat terribly all the time. I’m quite good at eating salads and fruit, I hardly ever use salt, and I don’t have many encounters with carbonated soft drinks any more. But put a cake or chocolate bar in front of me and I’m powerless to defend myself. I just love desserts and anything like that.

Making decisions
Obviously this doesn’t apply to everything. Some decisions are easy. But others… I am terrible. Give me options, and we could be there all week.

Swimming
I panic in open water. I wish I didn’t, and I wish I felt confident enough to try snorkelling and even scuba diving, but not being able to touch the bottom or a side terrifies me.

Forgiveness
If someone upsets me really badly, I just can’t let it go. I know some people are of the opinion that life is too short to carry negativity around and that wrongdoings should be forgiven; however, my brain and my gut seem to be of the opinion that life is too short to surround myself with people who hurt me.

Keeping fit
I really need to work on this. Once upon a time, I was a skinny little thing who had a couple of really active jobs, and I used to go on nights out where I’d be dancing the night away for 6 hours a night, up to 4 nights a week. Then I got an office job, a long-ish distance boyfriend, and then a mortgage on a house hours away from my friends. Nights out stopped, so I spent my days sitting on my butt at a desk and my nights sitting on my butt in front of the TV.

Dealing with creepy crawlies
I really don’t like things with lots of legs. I don’t believe there’s a need for anything to have lots of legs. Or no legs, because I’m not a fan of worms and slugs and snails either. The worst is definitely 8 legs though.

Using the correct words
I realise this sounds a bit odd, but allow me to explain. Sometimes, when I’m trying to say something, the words I want just won’t come – so I substitute in other words. For example, I might say to Boy “I was watching (insert name of TV show) and thingymajiggy was in it who does the wotsit on that thingybob programme” Worryingly, he usually manages to decipher what I’m talking about.


What are you bad at?

 photo 5b781646-78a7-4470-93c6-49aaf696000e_zpsc88ee6b7.png

5 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the forgiveness. If someone wrongs me or someone I love, I most likely will not get over that. I'll put forward my "mature face" if I ever see said person but I would like to avoid at all costs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am pretty terrible at almost all of these things. Especially eating well and making decisions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am the same with the word thingy! Forgetting words is actually a special need. There is a term for it, but I have honestly forgotten it!! Will google...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Swimming is the one thing I'm good at haha! But I suck at the rest of those, high five sister!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you're here, don't forget to say hi! I respond to comments by email, so please make sure you check the "share my email address" box in your Blogger profile. Thanks! :)