Wednesday, 25 June 2014

Humpday Confessions

Some days, a little confession session is good for the soul. Or something like that. I've been meaning to link up with Kathy for, oh, I dunno, ages... And I'm finally getting to do it!

Vodka and Soda
So today, I would like to confess...

...I've been at work for 3.5 hours now, and spent maybe 30 minutes of that doing legit work stuff. There's hardly anybody in today, and most of the stuff I do need to do requires input from people that aren't here, so what am I supposed to do about that?

...I am struggling to think about anything else other than our plans to visit Las Vegas and New York over Christmas and New Year. I've barely even done any planning for Paris over the last couple of weeks, and it's only 6 weeks until we go.

...I am seriously considering bumping Luis Suarez up to the top spot on my "Footballers I Can't Stand" list. He's been at number 2 for quite a while, and the number 1 guy has held that position for even longer... But after his 2 goals against England, and the whole biting incident yesterday that preceded the goal that knocked Italy out (I had Italy in the work sweepstake, so there goes my chance at winning £50!) he's making a real case for himself to be promoted.

...speaking of the World Cup, my fantasy team has been diabolical. I obviously didn't put enough thought into picking my players.

...Series 2 of Nashville is really close to ending over here, and I'm really sad about it. I adore Nashville. It's not like there's no other TV I like to fill my time, but still... Sad face.

What are you confessing this week?

 photo 5b781646-78a7-4470-93c6-49aaf696000e_zpsc88ee6b7.png

13 comments:

  1. blog and surf! that's what i do during down time because when shit hits the fan, you'll wish you took advantage of that down time :)

    thanks for linking up!

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get to work 06-12 and generally do about an hours worth of work each day. #sorrynotsorry
    But it totally works out on Wednesday! It's the rest of the week that I have to figure out how to delegate my time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been at work almost 2 hours (I was confused at first and then remembered different countries), and have done... uh... nothing really. I'm gonna have to finish visiting all the blogs at lunchtime.

    I wish I was more interested in sports! But it's definitely swimming upstream. Our office is watching the game together tomorrow and I'd like to at least have a glancing knowledge of what's going on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok who is the number 1 footballer that you hate? I have to know :) all of your vacations sound great especially Paris. I need to get back there one day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is your number 1, Cristiano Ronaldo? Because he's mine lol.. I honestly don't understand Suarez - what could possess a person to bite another adult? literally smh while I write them lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Going to Paris and deciding on whether to go to New York or Las Vegas later in the year??? Can I have your life??? lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. With you on the Suarez thing - he is now up there with Cantona for me! Except that even though Cantona kung fu-ed a fan, I still kind of liked him. Suarez no. I have to know who is your number 1 hated footballer though?

    ReplyDelete
  8. so jealous of your christmas and new years plans! i love Vegas so much. what do you have planned? are you going anywhere else or just the two places? one day i would love to go to NYC before Christmas, but not actually be there on Christmas day or NYE. And oooh Paris, I'm so jealous of your life ;) and I want to know who your #1 hated player is haha that #2 sure is an idiot. I have never watched Nashville, but I am running out of shows to watch because most of my faves are over so I might get into that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am definitely envious of your Christmas and New Years plans, oh and Paris too. Those all sound really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm right there with you when it comes to this work stuff. Oops?! I've never watched Nashville, but I was raised in Tennessee, does that count? :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahhh you sound like you have the best Christmas and New Years plan! Also Im with you on the Suarez thing ugh

    ReplyDelete
  12. Las Vegas, NYC and Paris? C'mon- you're making us all jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That biting incident in the game? I was shocked--I don't watch sports much but my husband is watching all the world cup games...some of these players really do act like hooligans...

    ReplyDelete

So glad you're here, don't forget to say hi! I respond to comments by email, so please make sure you check the "share my email address" box in your Blogger profile. Thanks! :)