Wednesday, 4 June 2014

20 Years Ago

I mentioned on Monday that this weekend I'm going to a concert this weekend, that is the 20th anniversary of my first boyband obsession. In honour of the occasion, I'm going to take a stroll down memory lane to that point in my life... (and promptly make myself feel uber old)

In 1994:
- I turned 11 in the summer.
- Boyzone hit the music charts. Ronan Keating became my first official crush. I was so going to marry him someday! Blond hair, blue eyes, Irish accent... Divine.

- The Lion King was released. Hakuna matata!
- Formula One driver Ayrton Senna was killed in an accident during the Grand Prix.
- Nelson Mandela became South Africa's first black president.
- The FIFA World Cup was held in the USA. England didn't qualify.
- The National Lottery was launched.
- Friends hit our screens for the first time. Not mine just yet, I was still a bit young... But this show would later kind of take over my life.
- I was hooked on Saved by the Bell, Sister Sister, Rugrats, The Animals of Farthing Wood, Fun House (seriously, one of the best kids shows EVER!), Round the Twist, California Dreams, and Byker Grove. Apparently I was a telly addict back then - some things never change!
- I was mega jealous of my BFF having the "Steam" album by East 17. She let me borrow it plenty though :)

What do you remember about 20 years ago?
 photo 5b781646-78a7-4470-93c6-49aaf696000e_zpsc88ee6b7.png

3 comments:

  1. I was 5 in 94, this is all so scary to think about!
    Rugrats was my fave show!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally stole this from you! I was 13. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was 11 too...I remember the lottery being launched, I was convinced we would win for weeks on end! Clearly we never did. Ronan is still hot.

    ReplyDelete

So glad you're here, don't forget to say hi! I respond to comments by email, so please make sure you check the "share my email address" box in your Blogger profile. Thanks! :)