Wednesday, 21 May 2014

I'm With You by Taylor Dean {Book Review}

Can three little words irrevocably change your life?

When the doctors inform Chloe Brennan that her pregnancy is "incompatible with life," her subsequent choices will change her path forever.

She becomes one of the quiet, unsung heroes of this world, incredibly strong, yet somehow wrongly looked upon as damaged.

Three people will pierce Chloe's existence: her husband, a stranger, and a precious baby.

One will say goodbye, one will say hello, and one will say both at the same time.

I'm With You is a novel about selfless love and the sacredness of life.

Please note: While this book is a romance novel, it also deals with the sensitive issue of baby loss grief.
The emotions are real, and sometimes dark.
If you are sensitive to this issue, this may not be the book for you.


My reading mojo is still somewhat lacking - I'm still only a few pages into Allegiant, despite having been reading the series for well over 2 months now! - but I decided to read this book by Taylor Dean simply because I'd loved the first one I read by her.

Was it a risky choice for me given the warning of the subject matter? Yes, probably. But, let's face it, such a topic is always going to pull on the heartstrings of anyone with a beating heart, so I went ahead and started reading.

And then I didn't stop reading until I reached the end. I read it all in one sitting. My entire Saturday morning was spent consumed by this story. The author really knows how to write perfect romances, and the tragedy and sense of loss is very real. Of course, the author's note at the end explains this and my heart really goes out to her and her daughter - what an awful, awful thing to live through. I have nothing but complete admiration for them, and it puts my own feelings of loss into a new perspective.

I loved this book, just like I loved I Have People. Taylor Dean is definitely on my list of favourite authors!


**This post originally appeared on my old blog and has been imported to Living for the Victories**

4 comments:

  1. I've never heard of Taylor Dean, I'll have to check her out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to see if they have this book in the library. Thanks for sharing, Jenni!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jenni! Thank you for pointing me to your post. I had not seen it until now! Thank you for a beautiful review. Reviews for this book bring tears to my eyes every single time. Thank you, thank you.

    ReplyDelete

So glad you're here, don't forget to say hi! I respond to comments by email, so please make sure you check the "share my email address" box in your Blogger profile. Thanks! :)