Wednesday, 26 March 2014

Book Review - I Have People by Taylor Dean

I Have People - Taylor Dean

What Goodreads Says:
Missing any memories?

Holly Sinclair is happily married to the love of her life, Gabriel. Young and in love, Holly hopes to have their first child soon. Of course, Gabriel wants to wait till Holly's health is restored, much to Holly's dismay. She feels perfectly fine. So what if she just woke up from an eight-month coma? So what if some of her memories are missing? She remembers Gabe and that's all that matters, right?

That is, until HE enters her life again . . . she forgot about HIM.

What I Say:
I've mentioned a few times recently that for the last month or so, my reading mojo was gone. I just didn't have any inclination to open a book at all. Then, by chance, I spotted this on Kindle, and decided to try get my mojo back.

I started reading this at 4.30pm on a Monday. I read the whole journey home. I got home, and instead of turning the TV on, I read. I went to bed, and I read. I read on the journey to work on Tuesday. I got to my desk, and was so desperate to know how the story ended that I read at work. I finished the book only 18 hours after I started it - and I had a full night's sleep in there too!

I don't want to say much about the story, because the author has done a fabulous job and I certainly couldn't do it justice trying to summarise it. I will say that Gabe is a perfect leading man, and it's easy to see why Holly loves him so completely. There are difficult moments, and upsetting moments, but overall this was a lovely story, told very well, and I will definitely be looking for more books from this author. She also has her own blog, which you can find here.

Rating: 5/5

6 comments:

  1. Aaaand another book added to my "to read" list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when there is a book that is so good you can't put it down!! I will have to check this one out!!

    atparsons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES! Adding this to me to-read list! THANK YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely and wonderful review! I couldn't ask for anything more. Thank you so much, Jenni. There's no greater compliment you can give an author than to say you couldn't put the book down. Thank you! I'm so thrilled you enjoyed I Have People.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a good read! I'll have to check this one out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adding this to my must-read list. I'm intrigued already!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you're here, don't forget to say hi! I respond to comments by email, so please make sure you check the "share my email address" box in your Blogger profile. Thanks! :)