Tuesday, 1 October 2013

Our Kenyan Honeymoon Diary Part 6 - Back in Mombasa

Did you miss the earlier parts of my Honeymoon Diary series? Catch up here

Wednesday 23rd March 2011

The 5.30am starts seem to have kicked in as a pattern - I still woke up with absolutely no need to, but promptly went back to sleep! I woke again at 8am and sat on the balcony reading.

We went for breakfast at around 9.30am, and then went into the cyber cafe to look at our wedding photographer's website. We were so excited to finally see our wedding photos!

At 11am we were met at the main gate by a guide for JT Safaris, who drove us to the office in Nyali to meet Julius. We arranged a day trip for Sunday into Mombasa, and to Haller Park.

When we arrived back at the hotel, we spent most of the day relaxing on sun loungers and having some quality tan time - we only moved for lunch, and to book a glass bottom boat trip for Friday and a massage for tomorrow morning.

Today has basically been a chilled out day. I read an entire book, and played on the DS for a while. More surprisingly, Boy let go of the DS! Hopefully tomorrow will be a similar sort of day.

Thursday 24th March 2011

Today we had another chilled day on our loungers. After a good breakfast we went for our full body massages, which were done in a hut on the cliff with the sound of the sea lapping below. We both felt so relaxed afterwards. Then we just chilled on our loungers until around 5pm.

At 6.30pm we headed to the 'fun pool' for the Captain's cocktail party. This is an event by invitation, and was so fun! We had a few cocktails and watched an employee award ceremony, and then afterwards we went for dinner.

We decided it would be fun to do a 'pub crawl' around the resort - but we only managed two bars! The second bar (the sports bar) is where we got talking to a couple from Cornwall who were on their honeymoon, and are going on safari tomorrow. I was amazed to find that the girl and I go to the same holiday park in Devon for our family holidays every year - how weird is that?! What a small world!

We finally called it a night at around midnight after a few rum and cokes/martini and lemonades. We're looking forward to our boat trip tomorrow. Also, one last note, today marks the 4th anniversary of our first date :)

**This post originally appeared on my old blog and has been imported to What Jenni Loves**

No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad you're here, don't forget to say hi! I respond to comments by email, so please make sure you check the "share my email address" box in your Blogger profile. Thanks! :)