Saturday, 12 October 2013

A-Z Book Survey

I saw this post on Jess's blog, Sitting Pretty, and thought it was a great idea so I've kind of pinched it.
A to Z of books::Flying on a Rainbow


Author you’ve read the most books from.
Probably Danielle Steel, I've read a lot of hers. Although when I was young I read a heck of a lot of Enid Blyton as well.
Best sequel ever.
It's got to be Harry Potter, right? All six sequels!
Currently reading.
I'm actually in between books at the moment. My next one will probably be the beginning of the Oz series.

Drink of choice while reading.
Coffee.
E-reader or physical book?
I love a physical book. However, for convenience, I generally read on my phone now while commuting. I don't own an e-reader and have no intention to, the Kindle app for Android suits me just fine.
Fictional character you probably would have actually dated in high school.
Honestly, probably none. In high school I was very shy and didn't date anyone! I would have fancied Emmett Cullen from the Twilight series though. And probably Ranger from the Stephanie Plum series.
Glad you gave this book a chance.
Life of Pi. I was tempted to give up on it early on, but I'm glad I stuck with it.
Hidden gem book.
Please Don't Stop the Music by Jane Lovering. I downloaded it for free from the Kindle store, and it was such a fantastic book.
Important moment in your reading life.
When Dobby died.
Just finished.
High Heels in New York by A. V. Scott
Kinds of books you won’t read.
Horror or really gory crime. I have a fairly vivid imagination and I don't need those images in my head!
Longest book you’ve ever read.
The longest book I have started is A Game of Thrones. I found it too hard going for reading on the way to work, I'm just not switched on enough at that time of morning!
Major book hangover because of…
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Number of bookcases you own.
Four? Yes, four. Although they are shared with DVDs. We literally have books and DVDs all over the house!
One book you have read multiple times.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Preferred place to read.
Curled up on the sofa.
Quote from a book you’ve read that inspires you.
“It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” 
Reading regret.
That I haven't read more by the Brontes. I grew up in their back yard, so I really should. I do intend to fix this!
Series you started and need to finish.
There are a few series I've started but not finished, largely because books are still coming out! House of Night, Morganville Vampires, Sookie Stackhouse, Stephanie Plum to name a few.
Three of your all-time favourite books.
There is no way I can choose just three books, so I'm going to choose three authors instead. Is that cheating? I'll go with Lesley Pearse, Danielle Steel and Cecelia Ahern. Love those three!
Unapologetic fangirl for…
Harry Potter. As if you couldn't guess!
Very excited for this release more than all the others.
I have no idea about anything that is due to come out, so don't have an answer for this I'm afraid!
Worst bookish habit.
Hoarding books. I can't bear to part with a lot of them!
X marks the spot: the 27th book on my shelf.
I don't have one shelf so couldn't really answer that!
Your latest book purchase.
The last physical books I bought were The Time Traveller's Wife and I Heart Paris

Zzz-snatcher book (latest book that kept you up way late).
Me Before You by Jojo Moyes. I read it in one sitting, I couldn't put it down just for a measly reason like needing to go to bed!


4 comments:

  1. I love this post and am going to do one like it next week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so going to steal this from you!!! Please stick with Game of Thrones, it's so worth it.. I'm actually mad that I have to wait for a few years until the next book (or books?) is being released. Hubby has his theories about the end, and he might not be much off..

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of the best posts I've seen in a while!! I must steal this!
    I'm a massive HP fan too! And I'm a huge book hoarder!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, loved this & I totally stole it! :)

    ReplyDelete

So glad you're here, don't forget to say hi! I respond to comments by email, so please make sure you check the "share my email address" box in your Blogger profile. Thanks! :)